Masterclass workshops: Neuroscience at work
The last few years have seen remarkable advances in understanding how the brain works as techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging have allowed neuroscientists to see how the brain operates in different situations. We now know that the brain is plastic and continues to change throughout our lives rather than being fixed in our early years as was previously thought.
This workshop takes the learning that is relevant for organisations and shows how leaders, managers and others can work more effectively by understanding how their brain really works.
This masterclass can either be run as a single day or as three bite-size (two-hour) modules on separate days (the price for the modular approach will depend on your location).
A fast-paced overview of the latest thinking and research to stimulate and challenge participants, to:
- give a good understanding of the latest thinking in the application of brain science at work
- provide the opportunity to think how these ideas can be applied in their organisation
Module 1 - Introduction, neuroplasticity and decision making
- overview of neuroscience at work
- prefrontal cortex - prioritising and decision making
- self-directed neuroplasticity - insights, repetition and focus
Module 2 - Emotional Intelligence: self-awareness and management
- mindfulness - awareness of own emotions
- social threats, how change hurts and how to manage our response
- emotional regulation - techniques for managing emotions eg re-framing, re-labelling etc.
Module 3 - Emotional Intelligence: other awareness and management
- managing our impact on others
- emotional contagion and empathy
- balancing positive and negative emotions
Who should attend this course?
- individuals who want to learn about the latest thinking in brain science at work
- HR consultants, both internal and external, who need to be able to advise clients on leading edge developments in HR
- HR professionals, to gain an overview of the concepts and applicability of brain science in their own organisation
- learning and development professionals who want to understand the implications for people and organisational development
CPD course pricing
Unless otherwise stated, in-house course fees are as follows:
|CPD in-house training||per day (excl. VAT)|
|non-members of the IES HR Network||£1,640|
|members of the IES HR Network||£1,450|
For more information or to book a Masterclass workshop, please get in touch to discuss your requirements with us.
Email: Gwen Leeming
Call: 01273 763433