Local and regional research and evaluation
- Regional Development Agencies
- Local Authorities
- Health and Wellbeing Partnerships
- Lifelong Learning Partnerships
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Local Government Association
- Lifelong Learning Networks
IES offers a comprehensive range of services to support local and regional economic and skills development and regeneration. These include baselining, informing planning and strategy development, through to monitoring and evaluation.
The services we offer include:
- local economic assessments: we are able to present data in a user-friendly way to provide organisations with an evidence base from which to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their local economy. This can include an assessment of the skills and qualifications locally and how these interact with economic priorities;
- monitoring and evaluation: we have significant experience in analysing project management information and data and developing and applying evaluation frameworks to assess the value added of projects and programmes, including assessing impact;
- economic strategy development: we can work with you and your partners to develop an economic strategy, based on evidence, and tailored to the needs and priorities of your local area;
- work and skills plans: we can support the development and agreement of a plan in response to local economic assessments with detail of how your local area can deliver a reduction in worklessness and promote economic inclusion or meet the future demand for skills;
- baselining: we can apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to establish a position from which to measure impact and change.
Each project requires a bespoke approach and the range of services we offer in the area of economic development and regeneration can be tailored to meet your requirements.
Key contact for local and regional research and evaluation: