Senior Research Fellow
+44 (0) 20 7104 2083
Adam joined IES in September 2017, to work on HR consultancy projects. Prior to joining IES, he was a freelance researcher, working on projects ranging from the development of an executive remuneration database, to analyses of pay trends in the public sector. Before this, he was Assistant Editor of the Incomes Data Services (IDS) management reward journal, Executive Compensation Review, until joining the contract research team at IDS as Senior Project Manager in 2009.
In his time as Assistant Editor at IDS, Adam was responsible for annual research publications such as Pay and Progression for Graduates and Executive pay in AIM, SmallCap and Fledgling firms. In his project management role Adam undertook a wide range of reward projects commissioned by organisations including the Office for Manpower Economics, High Pay Centre, Civil Aviation Authority, TUC Unionlearn and a large number of private sector clients. Projects focused on all areas of pay-related issues, from benchmarking and job evaluation exercises, to equal pay reviews and large scale membership surveys.
|2001||Birbeck, University of London||MSc Social and Political Theory|
|1999||Birbeck, University of London||BA Politics, Philosophy and History|
|2009-2015||Senior Contract Research Project Manager, Incomes Data Services|
|2003-2009||Assistant Editor, Executive Compensation Review, Incomes Data Services|
- Earnings and settlements, Elston A, Mulkearn K, Wiggins L, Storry R, , Trades Union Congress (TUC), Jun 2014
- Assessing the efficiency of NERL’s total employment costs in RP2, Elston A, Lindop E, Priest C, Storry R, Trewhitt L, Wiggins L, , Civil Aviation Authority, Jan 2014
- School leadership comparator studies, Elston A, Milsome S, Withers L, , Office of Manpower Economics, Sep 2013
- Regional variations in pay for UK graduates and graduate comparator occupations - the regional pay debate, Elston A, Cohen A, Storry R, , Voice, May 2012
Articles and chapters
- National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage, Elston A, Minimum wages - Reputation and enforcement, Eversheds Sutherland seminar, Eversheds Sutherland, Birmingham, March 2018
- National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage, Elston A, Minimum wages - Reputation and enforcement, Eversheds Sutherland seminar, Eversheds Sutherland, Manchester, March 2018
- Reviewing mandatory gender pay gap reporting: Assessing progress made, evaluating data collection methods and considering the impact, Elston A, Public Policy Exchange conference: Tackling the gender pay gap, supporting women and promoting equality in the workplace , Public Policy Exchange, London, January 2018