Health Foundation Research Fellow
Cristiana joined IES as a Health Foundation Research Fellow in September 2020. Her main interests include youth transitions and the wider determinants of employment outcomes for young people, including labour market challenges experienced by people under 25, job quality, and protective and risk factors in making transitions. Cristiana draws on both academic and work experience focused on the interaction of health, inequality and employment outcomes among young people.
Prior to joining IES, Cristiana was a consultant at a public and third sector research organisation specialising in employment, health, welfare and education. During this time she conducted a wide range of research focused on employability and employment challenges faced by vulnerable people, including young people. This includes the longitudinal evaluation of the Scottish Government Health and Work Pilot, to improve work retention for people experiencing physical and mental health issues, the longitudinal evaluation of the Prince’s Trust Get Into NHS programme, supporting young people with multiple barriers to employment into careers with the NHS, and the development of the Employment and Skills Hub for the OPDC, the body responsible for leading the regeneration plan for the Old Oak and Park Royal industrial estate in London.
Other key clients Cristiana has worked for in connection to improving EET outcomes for young people include Education Scotland, the Wise Group, Youth Futures Foundation, and the Good Things Foundation.
|2018||University of Oxford||MSc, Comparative Social Policy|
|2017||University of Cambridge||BA, Human, Social and Political Sciences|
|2018-2020||Consultant, Rocket Science Ltd|
- Slides: The IES Annual Conference 2022 , Wilson T, Parry E, Lucy D, Orlando C, Williams J,, , Institute for Employment Studies , Apr 2022
- Good quality work: youth voices from across the UK, Orlando C, , Institute for Employment Studies, Mar 2022
- Not just any job, good jobs! Youth voices from across the UK: Survey findings , Orlando C, , Institute for Employment Studies , Dec 2021
- Webinar: Not just any job, good jobs! Youth voices from across the UK, Orlando C, Jeffreys C, Mistry L , , Institute for Employment Studies , Dec 2021
- Not just any job, good jobs! Youth voices from across the UK, Orlando C, , Institute for Employment Studies, Nov 2021
- What works in youth employment partnerships , Orlando C, , Institute for Employment Studies , Jun 2021
- Lest we forget the future of work , Orlando C, Istituto per gli Studi di Politica Internazionale (ISPI), April 2022
- Learning from young people’s experiences of accessing the labour market and securing work throughout the pandemic, Orlando C, Westminster Employment Forum, April 2022
- Looking Ahead to the Future of Work, Orlando C, IES Network Conference, April 2022
- Presentation: Young people’s perspectives on what good quality work and support means to them, Orlando C, NHS and The Prince’s Trust: Building Your Workforce Conference, March 2022
- Future-proofing young people’s jobs , Oralndo C, Public Policy Exchange, March 2022
- Not Just Any Job, Good Jobs - Youth Voices from across the UK , Orlando C, IES, December 2021
- What Works in Youth Employment Partnerships, Orlando C, IES, July 2021
- Improving access to good work for young people – the IES and Health Foundation policy project , Orlando C, ERSA Conference: Youth Employment - Good Work and Opportunities for All, April 2021
- Exploring the Crucial Challenges Around Young People, Development Opportunities and Employment, Orlando C, Public Policy Exchange, April 2021