Research Economist (Fellow)
Daniel Muir is a Research Economist (Fellow) at IES. His main research interests include unemployment and welfare, low pay, and skill demand and utilisation.
During his economics studies, Dan developed a range of quantitative skills to evaluate public policy, and built a detailed understanding of issues relating to education and the labour market.
Since joining IES in September 2021, he has worked across a wide range of public policy and consultancy projects. These include working with raw job vacancy data for several uses, the impact and economic evaluations of a government-funded trial of employment support aimed at individuals with disabilities and long-term health conditions, and analysis of the potential of quality part-time employment to lift certain groups out of poverty.
|2021||University of Bristol||MSc Economics|
|2020||Durham University||BA Economics|
|2020 - 2021||Research Assistant||University of Bristol|
- Closing the Vocabulary Gap, Buzzeo J, Muir D, Patel R, , Institute for Employment Studies , Sep 2023
- Meeting Central London's Skill Needs, Williams M, Wilson T, Muir D, Talbot J, Brindle B, , Central London Forward, Aug 2023
- Labour Market Statistics, August 2023, , Institute for Employment Studies , Aug 2023
- El estigma de la obesidad y el empleo en España, Campbell B, Bajorek Z, Bevan S, Muir D, , Institute for Employment Studies , Aug 2023
- The impact of wage subsidies on the employment of disadvantaged and/or marginalised young people, Nancarrow A, Muir D, Rosolin B, Orlando C, Newton B, Rowland J, Ott E (CEI), Shlonsky (Monash University), , Youth Futures Foundation , Jul 2023
- SomersetWorks Partnership College Pilot Evaluation, Orlando C, Alexander K, Winton A, Muir D, Newton B, , Institute for Employment Studies, Jan 2023
- Can a more flexible jobs market raise the status and pay of part-time workers?, IES contributors: Edney C, Muir D, Williams M, , Timewise, Nov 2022
- Employment and Opportunity in the UK, Wilson T, Muir D, , Institute for Employment Studies, Nov 2022
- Working for the Future, Wilson T, Patel R, Edwards M, Mason B, Muir D, , Institute for Employment Studies, Nov 2022