How to make a complaint
The Institute always aims to achieve the highest possible standard in the way it works. There are of course times when things go wrong. This page sets out our internal complaints procedure, advises on how to make a complaint, and how you can expect your complaint to be dealt with.
If you are unhappy about your contact with the Institute
In the first instance we would expect, where possible, for you to raise your complaint with the person you have been dealing with within the Institute.
If you have been unable to resolve the issue
Please write to us detailing your complaint, and the steps you have taken to resolve it. Please provide a correspondence address, email address and telephone contact details.
Our contact details
In order for us to make a thorough investigation, we ask that you submit your complaint to us in one of the following ways:
By post: ImproveIT, Institute for Employment Studies, Sovereign House, Church Street, Brighton, BN1 1UJ
Dealing with your complaint
We undertake to deal with your complaint efficiently as follows:
- We will acknowledge your comments and ensure that the appropriate manager has been made aware of them within five working days of receipt. The response may be via email, or by telephone.
- We will respond to you within 28 days to let you know about our findings and to propose a resolution or, if further action needs to be taken, explain why we will need a little more time.
- We hope that this procedure will be able to resolve most complaints.
If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved
- You can write to us setting out why you are unhappy with the response, and asking for the matter to the referred to the Director of the Institute.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your request for a referral within five working days of receiving it.
- The complaint and our response to it under the first stage will be reviewed by the Director of the Institute.
- The Director may contact you to arrange an interview so they can talk to you about your complaint.
- You will receive a full written response within 30 working days of us receiving your request for a referral, or we will tell you about any delay and give you a new date for when you should receive a response.