Brexit implications for employment and social affairs: facts and figures
This study conducted by IES on behalf of the European Parliament provides statistical and factual reference material regarding migration within Europe.
The study aims to offer a clearer picture of the current state of affairs in this area following the UK's decision to leave the European Union and before the triggering of Article 50.
The briefing note provides data and analysis on a wide range of issues, including:
- the total number of EU27 nationals living in the UK;
- the total number of UK citizens living in the EU;
- contributions to the UK economy made by EU27 nationals;
- UK expenditure on welfare benefits for EU27 nationals;
- the types of occupation that EU27 nationals fill in the UK;
- where UK citizens live in the EU; and
- the countries of origin of EU27 nationals living in the UK.