Customer Views of the HR Function
A Literature Review
This paper looks at literature on customer views of HR and addresses the following questions.
- Does the HR function know what is wanted by customers and can it be discerned why customer views vary?
- How does the function measure customer opinion?
- What techniques seem most successful?
- Does the HR function evaluate the impact on customers of changes it makes (eg to HR structure, processes, relationships, policies)?
- Do senior managers perceive HR is meeting organisational needs?
- What do line managers want from HR, and has it changed?
- What do employees want from HR, and has this changed?
- From a customer perspective, what distinguishes a good HR function?