Work Programme Evaluation: Operation of the commissioning model, finance and programme delivery
This report brings together and summarises the main evidence from:
- the 2013 and 2014 waves of the Work Programme evaluation about the commissioning model, finance and programme delivery
- provider surveys from 2012, 2013 and 2014.
The report explores the impact of the commissioning model on the provider market, the operation of the financial model and programme delivery. The report draws on:
- qualitative interviews, conducted in 2013 and 2014, with Work Programme prime providers, selected subcontractors and DWP and Jobcentre Plus staff
- national surveys of providers
- an analysis of Work Programme provider market data.
DWP aimed to use the results from this report in the continuous improvement of the Work Programme and the design of any future contracts. The preface notes at the start of the report give an update of the DWP’s response to the research findings.