Workplace Consultation on Health and Safety
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reviewed the regulations on health and safety consultation and representation arrangements. To support the review it commissioned IES to examine:
- awareness about the requirements for consultation on health and safety among employers, safety representatives and employees
- the process of consultation, including the role of elected representatives and the incidence and nature of non-statutory forms of consultation
- the forms of consultation about health and safety in the absence of trade union appointed or elected employee representatives
- the impact of consultation and representation on employers' approaches to the management of health and safety and any variation by forms of representation
- the extent to which employers do not consult employees and why.