Literature Review of Evidence on e-Learning in the Workplace
Undertaken for the Department for Education and Skills, this literature review covers:
- The prevalence of e-learning in companies: how common is it for e-learning to be used in the workplace? Are there differences in usage by occupational group, sector, and size of company? What kinds of e-learning are used?
- The demand for e-learning: how much demand is there for e-learning products and services amongst employers?
- The effectiveness and impact of e-learning: what are the expected benefits of e-learning?
How effective is e-learning in relation to:
- engendering a positive response from the trainee
- resulting in learning on the part of the trainee
- changing the behaviour of the trainee
- having a positive impact on the organisation.