Managers as Developers of Others - Main Findings of an IES Research Study
This paper is based on a study by IES that investigated the behaviour of managers who are good at developing other people in the workplace.
This paper contains:
- characteristics of good and bad development support
- situations where good developers make a difference
- what motivates good developers of others
- enablers and barriers to developign others
- the impact of good and bad development support
- a framework for managers as developers
- some practical suggestions for managers
- information about the research.