+44 (0)1273 763 405
Liz Hey joined IES as a research officer in 2018, whilst completing a Master’s degree in Occupational Psychology at Birkbeck University, London. Her research project analyses the interplay of authentic leadership and followership, leader identification and positive organisational behaviour. Survey data was collected and analysed from employees in a large organisation.
Liz’s main interests are in the areas of leadership, wellbeing, engagement, organisational learning and development, career planning for young people and also in public policy matters. Prior to joining IES, Liz worked for the awarding body, AQA, in various roles involving assessment design, training and curriculum support. Central to these roles was monitoring regulatory policy, research and data analysis, quality control and evaluation. Liz also led on an organisational change program for her team during the organisation’s recent transformation.
Liz’s qualitative research skills include structured and semi-structured interviewing; the design of research questionnaires; literature reviews and report-writing. Quantitative research techniques include the statistical analysis and interpretation of questionnaire data using SPSS.
Liz is also a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited Occupational Test User (Levels A/B) and is a member of the BPS and the Association for Business Psychology (ABP).
|2018||Birkbeck University||MSC Occupational Psychology|
|1997||University of Surrey||MSc Applied Psychology/Sociology|
|2006-2016||Senior Teacher Support Manager, AQA Guildford|
|2002-2006||English Subject Manager, AQA Manchester|
- Slides: Capitalising on neurodiverse talent, Hey Z, Iceton L, Callen A, Gray H, Goldman A, , Institute for Employment Studies, River & Mercantile Group, Auticon, Feb 2019
- Teachers', leaders' and governors' views on the pay framework, Dawson A, Hey L, Byford M, Rickard C, Lucy D, Newton B, , Department for Education, Nov 2018
- Evaluation of Mind's mental health and resilience training for new recruits to the Blue Light sector, Huxley C, Wilson S, Gay R, Hey L, , Mind, Oct 2018
- Optometrists' Futures 2018, Robinson D, Edwards M, Cockett J, Hey L, , Association of Optometrists, Oct 2018
Articles and chapters
Advisory roles and affiliations
- Member of the British Psychological Society (2018 - present)
- Member of the Association for Business Psychology (2018 - present)