MA (Hons), MSc
+44 (0)20 7104 2072
Morwenna joined IES in January 2018. Her research interests include structural disadvantage in the workplace, the expansion of precarious employment and comparative European labour market research. Morwenna has a particular interest in the 'gig-economy'; her postgraduate dissertation examined the interplay between precariousness, immigrant masculinities and entrepreneurial identity amongst ride-sharing gig economy workers in London.
Previously, she has worked as a parliamentary researcher in the House of Commons and completed several small-scale research studies for development NGOs in Uganda and Cameroon.
|2017||London School of Economics and Political Science||MSc, Gender, Development and Globalisation|
|2016||University of Glasgow||MA (Hons), Politics|
- Progression in Employment: Employer initiatives in relation to progression in employment, Takala H, Rickard C, Byford M, Zealley C, Bajorek Z, Hadjivassiliou K, Lucy D, , Institute for Employment Studies, Feb 2020
- National Colleges Process Evaluation , Buzzeo J, Patel R, Byford M, Takala H, Gay R , , Department for Education, Feb 2020
- Labour market segmentation: Piloting new empirical and policy analyses, Newton B, Takala H, Byford M, , Eurofound, Dec 2019
- Experiences of homeless young people in precarious employment, Buzzeo J, Byford M, Martin A, Newton B, , Institute for Employment Studies, Oct 2019
- Employment support for people with epilepsy, Francis R, Byford M, Wilson S, Report 523, Institute for Employment Studies, May 2019
- Evaluation of the Industry Placements Pilot , Newton B, Williams J, Francis R, Gloster R, Buzzeo J, Byford M, Spiegelhalter K (IES) Esmond B (iCeGS), , Department for Education, Dec 2018
- Teachers', leaders' and governors' views on the pay framework, Dawson A, Hey L, Byford M, Rickard C, Lucy D, Newton B, , Department for Education, Nov 2018