HR Network Manager
Making a difference through improving HR policy and practice
As a not-for-profit, the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) has been delivering independent, evidence-based research that makes a difference for fifty years. We are the UK’s leading independent centre of excellence for research and consultancy in HR and employment issues and we work with major corporations, the public and third sectors clients.
We are creating a new role to help to grow and manage our HR Network membership programme for HR professionals. The HR Network offers members access to IES expertise and leading-edge thinking and research and we would like to improve and expand on our offer to them to enable members and their HR teams to have a greater impact in their organisations. This is a great opportunity for someone to contribute to ideas for the development of the HR Network and lead on the implementation of change.
We are looking a bright and talented individual who can manage and develop IES’ HR Network sustainably through:
- Oversight, management and delivery of the Networks annual programme which includes planning and managing HR events and a programme of webinars to members
- Managing and developing relationships with potential new members, existing members, supporters, colleagues and associates
- Co-ordinating the work of colleagues and associates with Network members
What we are looking for
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Current awareness of developments in HR, key market trends and workforce issues.
- Knowledge of IES programme of research.
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Analytical skills.
- An understanding of the challenges facing HR professionals.
- An interest in employment policy.
- Experience working in an academic or research environment.
- Experience of project management.
- Ability to use social media to promote the HR Network and IES.
- Experience managing client relationships.
- Developing new business.
IES is based in Brighton although we do have a satellite office in London, near Victoria, from where the successful candidate could occasionally work.
We offer excellent benefits including 27 days holiday per year plus four closure days over Christmas plus bank holidays and a contributory career-average defined-benefit pension scheme (USS).
This role is offered as a permanent full time position but flexible working options, such as some home working or compressed hours pattern will be considered.
Job description (.pdf)
How to apply
Please send a covering letter, along with your CV and equal opportunities monitoring form, demonstrating how you feel your skills and experience to date will add value to the management and development of the HR Network, using the job description and person specification as a reference.
If you wish to have an informal discussion with Ed Griffin, Director of HR Research and Consultancy, please telephone: 01273 763456 and we can arrange this.
Please return your covering letter, CV and equal opportunities form to:
Post: Careers, IES, City Gate, 185 Dyke Road, Brighton BN3 1TL (Telephone: 01273 763456)
Closing date for applications: midday, Monday 12 August, 2019
Interview date: midday, Wednesday 21 August, 2019
The Institute for Employment Studies is committed to equality of opportunity and we encourage diversity in the workplace. The current British and European law states that we cannot employ a person aged 16 or over who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs (see Home Office UK Border Agency website).
The Institute for Employment Studies:
- is a registered charity (no. 258390)
- seeks to be an equal opportunities employer
- is an Investor in People