Casual work – characteristics, regulatory frameworks, spread and implications
The study explores the characteristics, regulatory frameworks, incidence and implications of casual work in 10 European Union Member States. Its specific aims are to explore:
- which forms of casual work that are regulated by legislation or collective agreements exist and how they are regulated
- what drives employers and employees to opt for casual work
- how prevalent/widespread casual work is
- what the characteristics of employers and employees engaged in casual work are
- what the implications of casual work on working conditions and the labour market are.