Study on a Comprehensive Overview on Traineeship Arrangements In Member States
IES led an EU-wide consortium, which included IRS Milan and BIBB, in carrying out a study to provide a comprehensive and comparative overview of traineeship arrangements in the EU, with particular emphasis on the legal frameworks and practices of traineeships/internships in all 27 Member States.
The study presented:
- an overview per Member State of the legislation governing traineeships and of the practices in each Member State
- information about the availability of traineeship places in the public and the private sector and the conditions in which traineeships took place
- information about public or private programmes or schemes in place in Member States for funding traineeships
- information about the use of traineeship schemes as a component of active labour market policies
- an assessment of the quality aspects of traineeships offered.