Billy joined IES as a research officer in September 2021 shortly after completing an MA in Methods of Social Research. His interests include equality and diversity, education and the path to employment and the higher education sector. Billy has gained experience using both quantitative and qualitative research methods through his academic studies.
Billy completed a BSc in Human Geography at the University of Northampton where his research included investigating the leisure experiences of women and people living with disabilities, obesogenic environments and international female labour migration. His undergraduate dissertation explored the role of alcohol in the student experience. His MA in Methods of Social Research at the University of Kent provided depth to the research skills gained during his undergraduate degree and included more hands on experience with focus groups, interviews, secondary data analysis and research design. Billy’s MA dissertation investigated the relationship between young women’s changing emotional state and alcohol consumption during the COVID-19 lockdowns in England.
|2021||University of Kent||MA, Methods of Social Research|
|2019||University of Northampton||BSc Human Geography|
|2021||Research Officer||Institute for Employment Studies|
- El estigma de la obesidad y el empleo en España, Campbell B, Bajorek Z, Bevan S, Muir D, , Institute for Employment Studies , Aug 2023
- Work in Progress: Interim report of the Commission on the Future of Employment Support, Campbell B, Dave A, Patel R, Plowden Roberts C, Wilson T, , Institute for Employment Studies , Jul 2023
- Obesity stigma and employment in the Netherlands , Campbell B, Bajorek Z, Bevan S, , Institute for Employment Studies , Jul 2023
- Work Coach Provision of Employment Support, Buzzeo J, Campbell B, Newton B, , Department for Work and Pensions, May 2023
- Leadership for Personalised Care, Edwards M, Campbell B, Mason B , , Institute for Employment Studies , May 2023
- The Commission on the Future of Employment Support , Campbell B, Patel R, Plowden Roberts C, , Institute for Employment Studies , May 2023
- Mentor Training Programme Evaluation 2021 2022, Williams J, Pollard E, Subosa M, Campbell B, , Institute for Employment Studies , Apr 2022