BA, MA, PGCE
+44(0)1273 763 407
Ceri re-joined IES in September 2018, having previously worked here for over 15 years. Latterly, Ceri had been working as a primary school teacher, having completed a PGCE in 2012. She has returned to IES to support and develop work in the pre-16 education field. Ceri is currently managing a number of projects including one for Teach First evaluating their school-based Careers and Employability Education Programme and another looking at the impact of a text-based literacy intervention with children of Reception age. She is also a member of the team evaluating a child assessment method being piloted for use in Early Years settings.
Previously at IES, Ceri worked on a vast number of projects in the employment field, more recently focusing on disadvantage in the labour market, particularly with regard to disability. She has conducted and contributed to evaluations of a number of welfare to work programmes including Employment and Support Allowance and Access to Work, while also examining the impact of the Disability Discrimination Act on employers, service providers and people taking employment tribunal cases under this legislation and looked at the experiences of employers in relation to people with mental health problems.
Ceri is adept in the full range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and is experienced in the design of research instruments, analysis, interviewing and reporting. She also has had considerable experience of managing large-scale qualitative studies with individuals and employers.
|2012||University of Brighton||PGCE (Primary 4-11)|
|1994||University of Sussex||MA International Relations|
|1992||University of Brighton||BA (Hons) Humanities|
|2012-2017||Primary School Teacher, Kennedy Scott|
|2001-2011||Research Fellow, IES|
|1998-2001||Research Assistant, Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW, Sydney|
|1994-1998||Research Officer, IES|
- OVO Foundation report: Education Inequality in the early years, Dawson A, Williams C, Akehurst G, , Institute for Employment Studies, Feb 2021
- Covid class of 2020, and beyond, Williams J, Newton B, Pollard E, Williams C, Williams M, , Institute for Employment Studies , Jan 2021
- Early Years Toolbox, Dawson A, Stokes L, Huxley C, Runge J, Takala H, Manzoni C, Hudson-Sharp N, Williams C, , Education Endowment Foundation (EEF), May 2020
- Supporting the foundations of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- WWCSC Catch Up® Literacy
- ETF - Evaluation of mentoring programme
- Direct Mapping and Set-for-Variability
- Evaluation of the Careers Leader Training: Qualitative Research
- Early Years Monitoring and Evaluation
- Evaluation of Teach First Careers and Employability Programme
- Tips by Text