Olivia (Livy), joined IES as a Research Officer in February 2021. Her main interests include labour market analysis, and addressing skills gaps and barriers to participation in the labour market.
Livy earned a MSc in Urban Economic Development at UCL, where she engaged in analysis of government policy and workforce data through research projects for local governments, including the Greater London Authority and Islington Council. Through her research she gave policy recommendations for supporting inclusive growth and employment.
Livy gained foundational research and analysis skills from her BA in Geography from LSE, where she used a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques in human geography research projects. She has experience with research design, conducting interviews, questionnaires and statistical analysis of primary and secondary data. For her BA dissertation she carried out a case study of business collaboration in co-working spaces. She gained further research experience after her BA by working as a Research Analyst for a blockchain technology company.
|2020||University College London||MSc, Urban Economic Development|
|2017||The London School of Economics and Political Science||BA, Geography|
|2017 - 2019||
Research Analyst, Grandeo
- The Big Conversation, Nancarrow A, Williams J, Garner O, Cook J , , Institute for Employment Studies , Jun 2023
- Catch up Literacy Evaluation Report , Dawson A, Williams C, Newton B, Garner L, Talbot J, Bowyer-Crane C (NIESR), Boshoff J (NIESR) , , What Works for Children's Social Care? , May 2023
- Evaluation of Help to Grow: Management, Allen A, Garner L, Lanceley L, Lucy D (IES), , Ipsos/IES, May 2023
- Evaluation of the national roll-out of the early career framework induction programmes, Pollard E, Osborne E, Williams C, Williams J, Huxley C, Cook J, Talbot J, Nancarrow A, Garner O, Cetera R, , Institute for Employment Studies / BMG, Mar 2023
- Coaching Early Conversation Interaction and Language (CECIL) Nottinghamshire sustainability evaluation, Dawson A, Garner O, Nancarrow A , , Institute for Employment Studies , Jan 2023
- Extended and more flexible traineeships: A process evaluation, Gloster R, Byford M, Buzzeo J, Garner O, Newton B, Crick C, Mackay S, , IES/Ipsos MORI, Mar 2022
- Coaching Early Conversation Interaction and Language (CECIL) Evaluation, Dawson A, Huxely C, Garner O, , Institute for Employment Studies, Mar 2022
- Coaching Early Conversation Interaction and Language (CECIL) Evaluation infographic, Garner O, Dawson A, Lindorff A, Sylva K, Bell S and Huxley C, , Institute for Employment Studies, Mar 2022
- Career Deflection , Cockett J, Williams M, Pollard E, Garner O, Cook J, , Institute for Employment Studies , Nov 2021
- Skills Bootcamps process evaluation, Williams J, Newton B, Allen A, Lanceley L, Garner O, Cook J, Clarke V, Suarez S, Neary S, Blake H, Clarke L, , Oct 2021
- CYA "Forging Futures"
- Gatsby Adult skills bootcamps evaluation
- Help to Grow: Management Evaluation
- Sutton Trust Early Language Project
- Sutton Trust Early Language project
- YFF ELATT "Connected Youth Evaluation" - Year 1
- YFF ELATT "Connected Youth Evaluation" - Year 2
- ESF Workplace Health Champions Evaluation
- Sutton Trust CECIL Phase 2b
- Career Deflection: Research to explore diversity in the engineering sector/profession
- Evaluation of Traineeship Flexibilities
- Central London Forward Green Jobs and Skills