BA, MSc, PhD
+44 (0)20 7152 4177
Zofia joined IES as a Research Fellow in June 2018. Her main interests include the role of line managers and the development of the employment relationship, the management of the psychological contract, the temporary and flexible workforce, and the health and wellbeing of the workforce, including the promotion of good work practices.
Prior to joining IES, Zofia was the lead researcher in HR and Management at the Work Foundation, where she worked on a number of projects related to a range of workforce issues, including systematic reviews for workplace policy and management practices to improve the health of employees, the health and wellbeing of the ageing workforce and performance-related pay in the public sector. Zofia has also undertaken a mixed-method study to understand the role of employee engagement in the NHS for staff and patient outcomes, and contributed to a number of policy papers providing recommendations to improve the health and wellbeing of the workforce.
Zofia completed a PhD in management studies at King’s College London, focusing on the management of temporary staff in the accident and emergency department, and the impact this can have on patient safety and service quality, which included two distinct case studies involving interviewing hospital staff at the macro, meso and micro level.
She has since used a range qualitative skills to explore how employers and employees can manage long-term chronic conditions at work (eg inflammatory bowel disease) and the role of self-management for chronic conditions. Zofia also has an interest in gender equality in the workplace and has undertaken in-depth qualititative research looking at the under-application of women to Queen’s Counsel (QC) status. Zofia is also interested in understanding the future of the workplace and discussing workforce trends.
|Graduation year||Higher education institution||Qualification, subject|
|2014||King's College London||PhD, Management Studies|
|2006||University of Nottingham||MSc, Occupational Psychology|
|2004||University of Exeter||BA, Psychology|
|2013-2018||Lead Researcher in HR and Management, The Work Foundation|
|2007-2008||Assistant Researcher and Research Administrator, Legal Services Research Centre|
Articles and chapters
- Workforce health: Why 'good work' trumps fruit and pilates evangelism every time, Bevan S, Bajorek Z, HR Magazine, HR Magazine, October 2018, October 2018
- rEAPing the benefits: Employee assistance programmes: employee wellbeing and financial utility, Bajorek Z, Occupational Health at Work, The At Work Partnership, Vol. 15, No. 3, October 2018
- That HR Podcast #9: That HR Podcast's Festive Bonanza, Willmott B, Bajorek Z, Lovell J, Pointer T, Burt E, Brown L, That HR Podcast, People Management, [Online], December 2018
- Long-term sickness absence: a biopsychosocial survey, Bajorek Z, Ballard J, The At Work Partnership seminar: Managing long-term sickness absence: a biopsychosocial approach, The At Work Partnership, London, December 2018
- Panel discussion: Disruptive technologies and the future of HR, Bajorek Z, Burton R, Barozzi G, Williams C, Future of Work Summit 2018, Symposium, London, October 2018