Housing Ombudsman: Building an HR strategy
For the Housing Ombudsman Service, we were asked to support the annual business planning process by facilitating the development of the people strand of the five year strategy.
We undertook this task by:
- reviewing the organisation's existing people strategies and policies
- conducting discussions with directors and managers
- understanding the business drivers for change and the shifting external context
- looking at the people challenges
- considering the resources available to meet organisational needs.
Building upon previous experience, we proposed of alternative approaches, holding a prioritisation session with the senior management team to firm these ideas up.
The key to the project's success was to link the people strategy clearly to the business priorities.