01273 763 455
Megan Edwards joined IES in May 2017 shortly after completing an MSc in occupational psychology exploring the relationship between internal communication and employee engagement, using affect-based trust in a logic chain approach. This research involved design, administration and detailed analysis of an employee survey across three organisations.
Her current project work at IES includes a large-scale evaluation of a national pilot training programme involving multiple research methods, including; designing research questionnaires, semi-structured interviewing and observation of training delivery. Further project work includes employee survey analysis, using both qualitative and quantitative techniques to synthase data from over 7,000 respondents.
Megan’s qualitative research skills include structured and semi-structured interviewing; preparation of discussion guides; the design of research questionnaires; and report-writing. Quantitative research techniques include the statistical analysis and interpretation of questionnaire data using SPSS.
Before switching to a research career, Megan worked as an HR manager with a start-up company. Responsibilities included:
- Recruitment and selection: including; creation of job descriptions, interviewing, designing and running assessment centres, contract creation and legal compliance.
- Personal development and performance management: designing and implementing performance management systems, leading issues related to performance grievances and disciplinary procedures.
- Organisational change projects, eg leading the IIP accreditation, departmental restructuring.
|2014||Birbeck, University of London||MSc Organisational Psychology|
|2008||University of Sussex||BSc Psychology|
|2011-2017||Various roles including HR Manager, Net Natives|
- Thinking ahead: A review of support provided by employers to help staff plan for their future, Gloster R, Edwards M, Spiegelhalter K, Newton B, Hirsh W, , Centre for Ageing Better, Sep 2018
- Information sheet: Internal communications and employee engagement: the role of trust, , Institute for Employment Studies, Sep 2018
- Bridging the gap: an evidence-based approach to employee engagement, Edwards M, HR Network Paper 141, Institute for Employment Studies, Sep 2018
- Slides: From Performance and Development Reviews to Focus, Kleboe J, Edwards M, , Surrey and Sussex Police and Institute for Employment Studies, May 2018
- The future role of the veterinary nurse: 2017 Schedule 3 survey, Robinson D, Edwards M, Williams M, , Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS), Oct 2017