Knowledge Knibbles: Building resilience
In these challenging times, resilience is a key skill and attribute for people, and many organisations are now focusing on how to build this capability in their staff. The tools of resilience draw heavily on the Positive Psychology literature and is well grounded in an evidence base.
IES has put together a programme that covers the key issues that are currently recognised in building resilience and present it as both as a day long workshop in which people work through their own situation and also as a 90-minute Knowledge Knibble in which people are introduced to the key concepts.
- What is resilience?
- Current situation: what is worrying/concerning
- Overview of tools
- Support structures/social networks
- Personal values: what is important to me?
States of mind
- Positive focus: broaden and build
- positive feedback
- optimism (ABCDE)
- Problem solving: alternative pathways
Taking action: circle of influence
- Gaining perspective: stepping back
- Relaxation/distraction techniques
- 90 minutes
- up to 20 participants
- at your offices
Who should attend this course?
- Resilience is valuable for all managers and staff.
- This Knowledge Knibble introduces the ideas for HR people and managers to understand the opportunities for improving resilience in their organisation.
Price per session
|Non-members of the IES HR Network
|£820 + expenses (excl. VAT)
|Members of the IES HR Network
|Three Knowledge Knibbles are included in the HR Team module, or sessions can be bought at a 20% discount.
For more information or to book a Knowledge Knibble, please get in touch to discuss your requirements with us.
Email: Emma Stewart-Rigby
Call: 01273 763433